2019 Rye Patch Nugget Shoot
To all interested parties the 2019 Nugget Shoot that was scheduled to be help Sept. 28th at the Rye Patch State Park in Nevada is hereby canceled due to circumstances beyond our control. We are planning on holding a 2020 Nugget Shoot at Rye Patch State Park next year. We thank all of our partners for the support they have given at the last 6 Nugget Shoots and hope they will continue with their support at the 2020 Nugget Shoot.
Rye Patch Nugget Shoot 2018 Hunt Rules
- NO entry into hunt field prior to hunt. NO Exceptions! All planted items are done by pre-determined committee.
- Hunt Masters are in charge of the hunt (s) and have final word on all things concerning the hunt.
- Hunts starts at 10am and ends at 3pm for Adult’s and 2:00 pm for Junior Hunt.
- Entrants must provide their own metal detector and target recovery tools.
- No Search Coil larger than twelve inches allowed. Note: No over-sized Coils of any kind will be allowed on the Hunt Field.
- Small electronic pin-pointers will be allowed.
- All hunt participates wear target recovery pouch for trash removal.
- Small Hand Recovery Scratching Tools, Small Recovery Hand Trowels and or a small hand pick allowed.
- No recovery speed baskets allowed.
- No target recovery plugging tools allowed.
- All holes you dig to recover the token must be filled in.
- NO team digging allowed. When you find a token pass the metal detector to your partner(s), let others in your group find their own token.
- If team digging is observed by Hunt Masters, you could be subject to losing your token(s).
- Participant will be allowed to turn in only ONE PRIZE TOKEN PER PERSON toward drawing. Keeping more than one token does not increase your chances of winning.
- Tokens from previous years are not eligible for drawing this year.
- Prize drawing for the Junior Hunt will begin at 2:15 pm, parent/guardian must be present with Junior at itme of prize drawing. The Adult Hunt Prize drawing will begin at 3:15 pm.
- All prizes will be handed out the day of the hunt.
- Drawing(s) are random and there is no guarantee the major prize will be handed out to a participant who finds or has a token. It could be handed out in the second chance drawing.
- In the event all prize tokens are not located and all prizes are not given away in the first drawing, a second chance drawing will be held at the conclusion of the first drawing.
- Entering the second chance drawing does not guarantee you will win a prize.
- All participants and attendees will be allowed to enter the Second Chance Drawing by obtaining a ticket at the GPAA of NNR Booth.
- Only one Second Chance entry per attendee and/or participant.
- NO Purchase necessary to participate in drawings.
- Participants and/or attendees MUST BE PRESENT at time of drawing(s) to claim prize-this includes- Adult Hunt and Second Chance. For the Junior Hunt Parent/Guardian must be present with Junior.
- Taxes on prizes, if any, are the responsibility of the winner.
Additional Note: Last year some participants who found more than one token gave the other token(s) they found to other participants (s) and/or attendees who did not find any.
SPECIAL NOTE: This hunt will occur in the desert with the normal desert hazards. Which are not limited to trips and falls, snakes, uneven surface, excessive heat, wind so on. iT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU WEAR SNAKE GUARDS. Please come prepared and bring water.
By attending the 2018 Rye Patch Nugget Shoot you understand there are natural and man-made hazards that cannot be eliminated by the organizers of the event.
YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE ATTENDING THIS EVENT AT YOUR OWN RISK AND HOLD HARMLESS-RYE PATCH STATE RECREATION AREA, GPAA OF NORTHERN NEVADA RENO, AND THE RENO PROSPECTING AND DETECTING CLUB.